All-Ukrainian Forum "Education based on values"
(Second All-Ukrainian Congress of Teachers of Spiritual and Moral Education)
As of May 5
We, participants of the II All-Ukrainian Congress of Teachers of Spiritual and Moral Education, held on May 5, 2021 at the initiative of the Public Council for Cooperation with Churches and Religious Organizations at the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the All-Ukrainian Council of Churches and Religious Organizations, NGO "All-Ukrainian Association of Teachers and Psychologists of Spiritual and Moral Education", National University "Ostroh Academy", State Institution of Higher Education "University of Education Management" of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, Charitable Foundation "Live, Ukraine!" and the All-Ukrainian Charitable Foundation "Eastern European Humanitarian Mission" to promote the integration of moral and spiritual values in education, the formation of the ideal of personal upbringing and its practical implementation, the formation of a holistic worldview of the child: educators, scientists, psychologists, parents, students authorities and local governments, religious and public organizations, media representatives and other stakeholders who support, implement and carry out spiritual and moral education in educational institutions of Ukraine , – we state:
- we live today in a period of serious challenges to national security and the future of our state due to neglect of the fundamental laws of nature, social life and social activities, while an effective solution to resolve the contradictions of today is a decisive return to spiritual and moral values. demonstrated effectiveness to domestic and international experience;
the results of basic research, data of psychology, pedagogy, sociology, international and domestic experience clearly indicate the importance and non-alternative spiritual and moral education of children and youth and the need for active involvement in this process of public educational institutions;
- the formation of spiritual values of modern children, adolescents and youth should take place in the following areas:
- education of citizenship, patriotism, respect for human rights, freedoms and responsibilities;
- education of high spiritual feelings and moral consciousness;
- education of diligence, creative attitude to study, work, life;
- formation of values towards health and a healthy lifestyle;
- formation of a value attitude to the institution of the family, preparation for the creation of one's own family and the birth of children, responsible motherhood and fatherhood;
- education of spiritual attitude to nature, environment (ecological education);
- education of values in art and culture, the formation of ideas about the organic connection of aesthetic and moral ideals in the centuries-old heritage of national culture;
– the constitutional proclamation of Ukraine as a secular state, the proclamation of secularism as one of the principles of education in state and municipal educational institutions is not synonymous with the proclamation of the state and education in it atheistically oriented, democracy of the state and education in it means openness to the presence of different points of view. which eliminates the need to abandon in the educational process of our national spiritual heritage;
- in accordance with the Strategy of National-Patriotic Education, approved by the Decree of the President of Ukraine of May 18, 2019 № 286, the formation of an active civic position, affirmation of national identity based on spiritual values of the Ukrainian people and the development of spirituality and morality in society on current needs in the field of national-patriotic education. According to the Strategy, spiritual and moral education is one of the main components of national-patriotic education, introduction of educational disciplines of spiritual and moral orientation - the basis of personality formation and basis for national-patriotic education, and involvement of children and youth in spiritual and moral activities. education is mentioned as one of the main directions of achieving the goal of the Strategy;
- At the same time, currently only 13.8 percent of Ukrainian students are covered by teaching spiritual and moral courses, there is an alarming trend to reduce the volume of such teaching, which leads to the search for necessary measures to stop this negative process and increase student coverage of these courses;
- According to the WHO, Ukraine ranks first in the world in the level of childhood alcoholism. The annual consumption of alcohol by the adult population of Ukraine (over 14 years of age) is 11.8 liters per person, although the dying nation is considered to be one that consumes more than 8 liters of pure alcohol per capita. According to available data, there are more than 2 million drug addicts in Ukraine. Today, the state of the family in Ukraine can be described as critical: the birth rate is declining, during the years of independence the number of Ukrainian children has halved (from 14 million to 7 million); the marriage rate is steadily declining (for example, in 2020 it decreased from 6.9 per thousand of the current population to 6.0 compared to 2014). According to the State Statistics Service of Ukraine, the number of divorces in the country is growing every year. Over the past 30 years, the number of marriages has decreased by about 3 times, and the number of divorces is 67 percent. The main reasons for divorce - alcoholism, lack of money, adultery. There has been a gradual increase in the number of single-parent families (since 2014, one in five children in Ukraine is born out of wedlock), resulting in more than 4 million children growing up without a father. The consequence of such a crisis of the family institution in Ukraine is the lack of upbringing of children in the family, which leads to increased manifestations of immorality and crime among children and adolescents. This necessitates the development of systematic and comprehensive responses to these negative trends, in particular, giving priority to the spiritual and moral education of children, adolescents and youth, including through further implementation and improvement of the teaching of relevant courses;
An important step in this direction should be the implementation of a standard educational program for 5-9 grades of general secondary education, approved by the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated February 19, 2021 № 235, all standard curricula which provide the opportunity to study in 5-6 grades Ethics / Cultures of good neighborliness / Other courses of moral orientation. Thus, this typical educational program provides the opportunity to study in all schools of Ukraine at the level of 5-6 grades through hours of invariant (compulsory) component of Ethics / Culture of Neighborhood / Other courses of moral orientation, which is an indisputable positive. However, it should be borne in mind that it will be implemented only from the 2022/2023 academic year (and not from the next 2021/2022), the possibility of studying moral courses applies only to 5-6 grades (not 1-11), the choice of specific courses is the prerogative of parents, and the study of spiritual and moral courses in grades 1-4, 7-11 will continue to be carried out at the expense of hours of the variable component as elective courses (electives);
- in the conditions of decentralization, legislative consolidation of academic autonomy of educational institutions the role of local governments, management of educational institutions and parents in providing education on the basis of traditional for our people spiritual and moral values, teaching relevant courses significantly increases. This necessitates the strengthening of informational and explanatory work among deputies of local governments, heads of educational institutions and representatives of the parent community on the importance of such education, their role in providing it and their responsibility for the proper education of future citizens of Ukraine.
In view of the above, in order to ensure the formation of children, adolescents, youth spiritual and moral values, values of health, healthy lifestyle and family, education of citizenship, patriotism, respect for human rights, freedoms and responsibilities, promoting their preparation for creating their own family of responsible motherhood and fatherhood, promoting the integration of spiritual and moral values in the educational process we recommend:
The All-Ukrainian Council of Churches and Religious Organizations, leaders and representatives of local religious organizations:
- introduction of teaching spiritual and moral courses in educational institutions, in particular programs aimed at proper preparation of young people for married life, education of responsible motherhood and fatherhood;
- ensuring the implementation of informational and explanatory work among parents-faithful religious organizations on their role and responsibility in ensuring the teaching of these subjects in each specific educational institution;
- to consolidate efforts to solve urgent spiritual and social problems to promote the activities of local spiritual (interfaith) councils, as well as activities in local governments of inter-factional parliamentary groups aimed at establishing traditional spiritual and moral values in public life.
The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine:
- to prevent the adoption of laws that undermine the foundations of moral and physical health of the individual, family, society, promote gender ideology, promote immorality, threaten the preservation of the family and the fundamental values of the Ukrainian people;
- amend the current legislation of Ukraine in order to prevent the promotion of homosexuality and the ideology of the LGBT community;
- to hold parliamentary hearings on the state, problems and prospects of teaching subjects of spiritual and moral orientation.
To the Commissioner of the President of Ukraine for the Rights of the Child:
- persistently protect the right of children to spiritual and moral education;
– to help prevent the imposition of gender ideology in educational institutions;
– to promote and actively defend the scientific fact that human life begins from the moment of conception, from which she has all individual rights, and therefore all her rights must be respected at this stage of life.
The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine:
– to promote in every possible way the spread of teaching spiritual and moral courses in educational institutions of preschool, general secondary, vocational (vocational), higher and extracurricular education;
– review the content, forms and methods of anti-discrimination expertise, giving this important procedure an objective rather than gender-sensitive nature, prevent the removal from textbooks of elements related to traditional national, spiritual, moral, religious, family and other values of the Ukrainian people under the guise of conducting anti-discrimination examination;
– to prevent the spread of gender ideology in educational institutions, to prevent the penetration of dubious and harmful programs into educational institutions, which are financed by foreign funds and provided with grants to promote ideologies that are destructive to education and society;
– make changes to the order of the Ministry of 29.07.2019 № 1038, which currently does not take into account the spiritual and moral component reflected in the Strategy of national-patriotic education, approved by the Decree of the President of Ukraine of May 18, 2019 № 286 "On national-patriotic education";
– to provide for the teaching of spiritual and moral courses at the expense of hours of the invariant component from grades 1 to 11;
- when amending the Procedure for granting stamps to educational literature and curricula, approved by the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine on July 20, 2020 № 931 (Registered in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on November 11, 2020 for № 1119/35402), provide for the possibility of providing relevant stamps to curricula and educational literature on subjects taught at the expense of hours of variable component, in particular from courses of moral orientation, on the initiative of authors (author teams), developers, publishers of such curricula and educational literature;
- to initiate before the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine the public importance of introducing the teaching of spiritual and moral courses in educational institutions of penitentiaries of the State Penitentiary Service of Ukraine;
- taking into account the exceptional socio-political, historical and cultural significance of the Bible in the history and development of Ukrainian society, in the formation of Ukrainian and European culture, its role in providing spiritual and moral education, in order to instill in young people respect for the spiritual heritage of the Ukrainian people. to provide for the annual holding of Bible Day in educational institutions in May, ensuring thematic educational, educational and cultural-artistic events, competitions of spiritual Christian music and singing, poems, works of art on biblical themes, etc., wide coverage of such events in the media information.
Departments (departments) of education and science of regional, Kyiv city state administrations:
– to promote the implementation of educational programs in preschool education institutions on the basis of spiritual values;
– take measures to ensure funding for the teaching of spiritual and moral courses in general secondary, vocational (technical) and extracurricular education in the next budget year, in particular by developing and adopting appropriate local programs and creating budget allocations for funding such teaching and activities;
– to promote the teaching of the courses "Fundamentals of the Family", "School of Marital Life" in grades 10-11 of general secondary education institutions and in institutions of vocational (technical) education;
– to promote local and All-Ukrainian events: the festival "Christmas Songs", the Olympiad "Young Bible Scholars", the competition "Teacher (educator, teacher, group leader) of the year of spiritual and moral subjects", the competition "Bible Scholars", the All-Ukrainian tournament religious scholars, etc .;
– to prevent the promotion of gender ideology in educational institutions;
– to develop a mechanism of interaction with the local spiritual (interfaith) council, religious organizations; to work out the issue of establishing a council for cooperation with churches and religious organizations at the Department (Department) of Education and Science.
Institutes of postgraduate pedagogical education:
– to include special courses on spiritual and moral education in the training programs of all categories of pedagogical workers;
– to provide training and retraining of teachers of spiritual and moral courses within the framework of postgraduate pedagogical education.
– ensure that decisions are made to assistance in ensuring the teaching of spiritual and moral courses and the promotion of family values in educational institutions of the relevant territorial and administrative units;
– to promote:
introduction of teaching of spiritual and moral orientation courses in educational institutions of relevant communities, in particular by providing, starting from 2021/2022 academic year, in the variable part of curricula of all classes 1 hour per week for studying spiritual and moral orientation courses and popularization of family values;
introduction of classes on spiritual and moral education in communal institutions of preschool education;
providing all communal institutions of general secondary education with the necessary educational and methodological complexes of spiritual and moral courses in sufficient numbers.
Department (departments) of education of OTG:
– to provide acquaintance of heads of educational institutions and pedagogical workers with experience of education on the basis of spiritual values and teaching of courses of spiritual and moral orientation;
– to promote the introduction of teaching of spiritual and moral orientation in educational institutions, in particular by providing, starting from the 2021/2022 academic year, in the variable part of the curriculum of all classes 1 hour per week to study courses of spiritual and moral orientation and promotion of family values;
Heads of higher education institutions:
– to envisage in the curricula the teaching of spiritual and moral courses, the implementation of programs to prepare for married life and the promotion of family values;
– to provide specialization in higher institutions of pedagogical education in spiritual and moral education.
Heads of general secondary education institutions:
– when forming the curriculum, during the formation of the list of disciplines taught by choice (optional), to give priority to courses of spiritual and moral orientation;
– ensure that parents of students are informed about the list and content of spiritual and moral courses approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, which can be studied through hours of a variable component of the curriculum, including the programs "Fundamentals of Christian Ethics", "Biblical History and Christian ethics "," Christian ethics in Ukrainian culture "," Fundamentals of the family "and others;
- to promote the teaching of spiritual and moral courses in primary school;
– to provide, starting from the 2021/2022 academic year, in the variable part of the curricula of all classes 1 hour per week for the study of courses of spiritual and moral orientation and promotion of family values.
Heads of vocational (vocational) education institutions:
– to envisage in the curricula the teaching of spiritual and moral courses, the implementation of programs to prepare for married life and the promotion of family values.
Heads of preschool education institutions:
– Given the importance of preschool age for the formation of personality, to ensure the implementation of educational programs based on spiritual values.
To pedagogical workers, in particular to teachers of subjects of spiritual and moral orientation:
– to carry out high-quality teaching of spiritual and moral subjects, to use innovative forms and methods, information technologies;
– develop an online version of lessons from spiritual and moral courses;
– to integrate the elements of spiritual and moral orientation in the teaching of other subjects, to teach them on the basis of a value-based approach in order to form the values of students.
Departments (departments) of education and science of oblasts, Kyiv city state administrations, departments (divisions) of education of OTG, heads of institutions of higher, general secondary and preschool education, pedagogical workers, in particular teachers of spiritual and moral subjects:
- to recommend for involvement in the educational process and use in the work of preschool, general secondary and higher education sets of literature on spiritual and moral education, issued by the WBF "Eastern European Humanitarian Mission" ( http://www.eemukraine.org).
To the authors of software and educational-methodical support on subjects of spiritual and moral orientation:
- to develop software and educational and methodological support for the new generation of subjects of spiritual and moral orientation with the use of innovative, interactive and modern information and communication technologies;
- to promote the integration of the spiritual and moral component to the content of other disciplines (literature, language, history, art, labor education, biology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, geography, etc.).
Representatives of the parent community:
- more actively apply to the heads of educational institutions with written statements to ensure the implementation of their educational programs on the basis of spiritual values, teaching courses of spiritual and moral orientation.
– to promote the consolidation and coordination of actions of the citizens of Ukraine aimed at strengthening the spiritual and moral foundations of our state and society, ensuring the spiritual and moral education of children and youth, the establishment of family values, combating gender ideology;
– to provide for the next Family Forum of Ukraine, during which to pay attention to the role of parents in ensuring the teaching of spiritual and moral subjects in general secondary education and the implementation of educational programs based on traditional spiritual and moral values in preschool education.
- to highlight the positive experience of implementing programs of education on the basis of spiritual values, teaching courses of spiritual and moral orientation, holding events aimed at promoting such experience (competitions, Olympiads, tournaments, conferences, round tables, etc.), feedback from students, parents, teachers.